Celestial Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza)

2 posters

Go down

Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza) Empty Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza)

Post by Raron Thu May 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Quoted from the journal of Jax Gardener, undated.

It hadn't started so badly. It had started... oddly. A gentle breeze that turned into a crushing hurricane. This had never been what I had wanted, never what I had expected. Everyday I pray before I open my eyes, pray like I did this morning. Pray that when I open my eyes it would all have been a dream. I pray to awaken to a city that was not awash with the smell of rotting flesh and burning buildings, pray for a day where I would not have to eek out an existence in a world going to hell in a hand basket. Where I would not have to put another bullet between the eyes of another stranger or another friend. Where I would not have to kill them to save them. Where none of this was real. It never happened and I knew it never will. This is my life now, this was where I belong. The thing I hate most of all is that she should not be in this place. She was supposed to be make this world a better place, not busting her back just to return it to what it was, not scraping herself mentally raw keeping people together. She is a warrior that was true... but this was not the fight for a warrior. This is a scavenger's war... Here I am at home but she is beginning to be at home and I hate that.
_________________________Before the dead began to walk____________________
Peace. Peaceful hallways after a stress filled day of school. The janitor whistled as he bobbed his head to his music, his red hair poking out of his yellow baseball cap. The teachers packed up there supplies, straightened up and prepared for another night of hard drinking to try to forget that tomorrow was coming and they would have to do it again... peace seemed to reign except in the principles office.
"ARE YOU CRAZY? Because someone has to be and there is a chance it is me?"
The principle rubbed his forehead and sighed. Of all the people he had to deal with after-school dealing with Jax Gardener was usual his least favorite. Now more then ever because what was going on and the fact the student body president was in the room with the two of them so he could not really chew him out like he so desired... not that it would have any effect on the young man before him.
Jax Gardener stood a little shorter then most of the boys in his class but was stronger then he appeared due to working with and lifting engine parts at every chance he had. In fact that is what he had been planning to do after school when on the way out he had been called into the office. He figured the principle had figured out another reason to give him Saterday detention due to him being a suspect to the time the principle had gone into his office in the morning to find his car sitting there... True Jax had done it but the principle had no proof he had made sure of it... but regardless Jax had not expected what the principle had informed him.
"Seriously... me... as a foreign exchange student? To JAPAN? There is a reason I do not take foreign langauges. I suck at them. I mean HER I can understand. If I had to choose someone to represent our country and our school she is at the top.. hell she is the top of the list!. And now you tell me that I was chosen as well?"
The principle looked from one face to another and nodded weakly. He looked at Jax. Looked upon the face of his least favorite student. He looked at the bright green six inch long hair, the three black stripes running from front to back that were buzzed close to the scalp. He looked at the five piercings per eyebrow, the eight per ear silver rings going around the outside of his ear. The chain threaded through those rings. He gazed with loathing at the tattered, bleach and grease stained, and furthermore drawn on no-longer-blue jeans. The red t-shirt declaring that "I am the future, weep if you must.". He glared at the necklace strung with nuts, bolts, spark plugs and other random junk. He lifted the corner of his lip as he gazed upon the piercings on each of the punk's knuckles. He looked at him and shook his head.
"The paperwork has been filled and checked... and double checked... You are one of two chosen to stay and learn in japan for an entire year. I expect you to be on your best behavior Mr. Gardener."
Jax looked at the principle for a bit and tilted his head for the third time in the visit.
"...why? Are they any less likely to judge me on apperence or think of me as 'worthless'?"
Jax smiled as he said the last word. It seemed unimportant, just a bit of ribbing of the principle but it meant something to Jax. Anyone looking into his piercing gray eyes could tell. Jax did not look at the principle for but a moment before he gaze shifted to the girl next to him.
"What do you think of all this 'your majesty'?"
Jax grinned. He had called her this since the first time he saw her. Granted this was the first time he had called it to her face but that was only because he really had never had a chance to talk to her before very often.

Raron

Back to top Go down

Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza) Empty Re: Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza)

Post by Aleza Tai'Lan Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Email sent on the 17/04/09

The Duty of a Survivor is to do no Less.

It has been little under a week since I had arrived in the once beautiful country that I had spent so many years visiting and wishing to spend my days here. In those short hours of my life so much has changed, a world that had slowly showed signs of prosper and peace had been shattered. It was only forty eight hours ago that the first attack had happened in the city of Fukka, in Kyoto. It was so surreal that we could not believe our eyes at the time. Me and Jax had been out in the city going for a meal when they attacked. A horde of decayed corpses and animals came from nowhere and attacked everything that lived. They feasted on their flesh and sprayed the streets with blood. In moments the city was in horror, as blood ran staining the streets and those that had died would rise up again attack those that they had once loved.

Escaping them was not luck at all, it was both mine and Jax’s will to survive that let us escape to the academy, it was so unreal to use that we knew exactly what needed to be done. After reading so many horror of zombie apocalypse and having wild fantasies of it happening, we knew we needed to create a place for survivors to gather. An so we started preparing defences for we knew that help would not come on swift wings. We knew that time was of the essence.

Father please stay strong and know that your girl will survive, know that I will save as many as I can. But if you are reading this I ask you to help me to. Find out any information you can and send me it. As I will send you everything I can.

Love your Daughter.

As I sat within the long dark hall of that would hold a large number of students that would be forced to listen to the heads of there years talk about useless community values and school decorum. Was changed for a different purposed during the night were unseen under the cloak of night, Me, Rebecca Earow and my best friend, the flamboyant Dominic Stewart would spar with each other and members of our martial arts community. Though tonight I was waiting for Dominic to stop playing with his prey so that we could begin. Watching as the duel between the two was so pitiful it almost made me laugh. Yet I was annoyed at Dominic for wasting his energy on a pointless fight for manhood. That was until I caught the look in Dominic's eyes and his stance.

The fight was over from that point on, as Dominic had now entered his most famed stance that he had created himself. With it he could parry any move, defeat or even kill an opponent, yet clearly the boy that was running for him was ignorant of this as he raised his naked blade high and dashed forward. My small smile that I wore on my face widened as I watch the perfect circular arc being made in the air by Dominic, an the his opponents weapon was now flying through the air. I held my breath as I waited for the blade to slam into the solid oak floor. As I heard the blade thud into the ground I also noted how fast Dominic had moved, as the boy had no time to move before he was now being held at the throat by Dominics rapier. I could see the mischievous glee in his eyes as he leaned forward and whispered in the boys eye, it was not hard to guess what was said but I could not help myself as I had never heard any words being whispered into my own ears by Dominic.

Stepping forward, I began to clap my hands as my eyes dragged of the boy as he pulled his sword for the hall and ran. “Now that you have had your fun. Can I have mine?” I said with a note of sarcasm that was not missed by Dominic. “Yes you may, if you wield that magnificent weapon, I know you want to use her. You and Kiyohime are amazing, like the true woman of the past that defended there homes all those years ago. And if answer a few of my questions?” he said, his voice was a cool musical tone that bounced off the walls of the auditorium. With a sigh I moved towards a large red lacquered case of fine wood with silver clasps that kept it closed. As I moved towards them my hands quickly flashed over the clasps. As I opened the box, I inhaled slightly as my fingers brushed over my most precious weapon I had ever owned. She was a beautiful weapon and a true partner in battle if there ever was one beyond the corporate world. Pulling Kiyohime out of the box I moved graceful towards Dominic and stopping a few paces in front of him before taking my stance with the Naginate in hand.

“So tell me, why would you chose the metal man Jax?”

As the next day came I had completed all of my classes a few weeks ahead of schedule for the up and coming exchange. I would be leaving this country tomorrow on my journey to a land were all my dreams would come true. A place I had visited so many times an yearned to live, Japan in the Kyoto Region. Though in all my excitement it had been difficult to get food rest. Yet after the midnight sparring last night with Dominic exhaustion had finally caught me. Luckily I was in my private office that I had earned. That was after I had become the student body president of the school in only my second year. I was in a gentle slumber upon my chair behind my heavy oak desk. If someone came in they would find the one time were I was ungraceful. With my head hanging backwards and thin line of saliva running from my mouth. Not only that but a report I had been reading had fallen from my hands and caused every sheet of paper to fall creating a puddle of paper beneath me.

Though it was not long before my rest was shattered with the vibration and sharp sound of my mobile pretending to be a codex from metal gear solid. It had been startling but not unexpected as I had been waiting on a certain mother to confirm that she had all the necessary documents for her son. I had a surprise for a young man that went by the name of Jax. Not particularly into academics but he was a clearly one of the best men that worked with metal. He had endured many hardships from the uncertain nature of people around him, from the clear dislike from the head of school. Leaving him alone and sheltered in a world were the only thing he trusted was metal. Yet I wanted to change that, not out of personal gain or being a good Samaritan but to help someone that deserves it.

Not long after the phone call was I standing in the office of the head with Jax standing infront of me, I could not help but smile inwardly at myself. He was a startling young man when you first look at him. With metal piercing many places over his eyes and ears and the rumour that another piercing hide out of sight. Yet under his oil stained clothing was body that should be appreciated as hard labour and dedication had made in it lean and strong. Though on his face was a look of confusion after being told the good news. Not that I had not anticipated the reaction I just wish he didn't have his small outburst.

“Please calm down Jax, It was me that had chosen you to accompany me.” As I moved from behind the desk of the principle I handed a small letter to him without that ignorant pig of a man that was wheezing behind me. Blocking the pigs sight of Jax my eyes urged him to read the letter whilst I came up with some reason other than the truth to please the principle. Though as I watched his eyes scan the page I though to myself what I had wrote.

Dear Jax,
Please do not give sign that you are reading this to the pig that is seated behind me. And also do not pay attention to what it is I am actually saying. I was the one that had chosen you to come with me to the land of Japan to become an exchange student there for a few reasons. I being I believe about all of those in this hell hole that you deserve it, not that others would not gain advantage from the opportunity but you would gain the most. As Fukka acadeny holds the best Engineering Suite in education all over the world. The other reason I can explain later but I beg you to accept the offer as everything is organised.

Yours, Rebecca Earow.

Last edited by Aleza Tai'Lan on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Aleza Tai'Lan
Aleza Tai'Lan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza) Empty Re: Japan can be Neverwhere (Raron and Aleza)

Post by Raron Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Continued reading of the journal of Jax.

It's funny how things work out. How things can begin. How your thoughts change in one manner and turn to concrete in others. I have had to change, to adept, to learn to be someone other then who I was. A leader to some, a guardian to others, to another... I don't know... maybe a pet grease monkey that is regarded with affection...
But things did work out like that and the way it started... with me walking out that office. With that song... maybe someone somewhere was trying to warn me....

Jax's eyes scanned the page with surprising speed. He was actually an avid reader in his spare time when he was not working with his hands at what he did best. He believed in the importance of education... just not in a structured oppressive environment in one of the many jail like buildings through-out the country. The structure, the forcing of conformity... it rubbed him the wrong way.
He tore through the message in his head while listening with one ear to the conversation 'her majesty' was having with the principle.
"Blah blah blah respect blah blah blah blah learning blah blah blah experience"
Jax was really barely listening as he began to fold up the paper and place it in one of his many pockets. This movement got the attention of the ever paranoid principle.
"Mr. Gardener. What is that you have?"
Jax looked up into the principles beady little piggy eyes and raised one corner of his mouth in a cocksure grin. This was probably unwise but there was no way there person he was could not do it.
"It's a piece of paper, a device made of magic wood pulp and..."
"WHAT IS THAT?" The principle's teeth were clenched. This was his domain and still the teen did not even hesitate in his unrelenting mental warfare. The principle began to get up.
"Let me see it."
Jax shook his head and waved a finger on his free hand.
"I would but lately the brainwashe... I mean teachers have been stressing the importance of recycling so..."
With a flourish Jax rolled the piece of paper into a ball and touched it high into the air, it bounced off the ceiling and thrust his head beneath it while opening his mouth and shutting it so hard his teeth clicked. Then he began to chew, he chewed hard and as he chewed he could not help but notice a soft floral fragrance and taste on the paper. It must have been on her person all morning and some of the perfume she wore had worn onto it. It was nice and the obvious feeling of enjoyment in the act of taunting the principle seemed... less enjoyable somehow... like he had done something off... but he didn't show it. Finally he swallowed and opened his mouth revealing his empty tongue. He held the pose briefly then closed his mouth and winked at the principle.
"Who knows in a few weeks maybe a tree will sprout somewhere... special."
The principle opened his mouth. Closed it, opened it and just looked bewildered. There were many ways to take what the punk has said but he had no idea which way to take it... finally he just slumped and pointed at the door. Jax bowed and starting walking away as he wished out his I-pod head phones and stuck one in his ear. Suddenly half the world was filled with the sounds of metal as he hit the random play.
"Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the floor let the bodies hit the.... FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!"
He tapped his hand against his thigh as he moved.

Raron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleza Tai'Lan Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:05 am

Dairy Entry 13th April 2009

For several years I have been writing my personally thoughts into dairy's similar to this one but I have rarely had anything exciting apart from my academical theories and what not but since I have came to this land were I wish to spend my remaining days I have had more thoughts other than science. Jax he has somehow gained a place in my mind always there twinkling with his many metal enhancements. Last night after we had went out for dinner we had decided that we would check the local night life. I was surprised to find that he quiet enjoyed himself. We had went to three different places to satisfy us in our musical needs.

Right now he is exhausted himself and fell asleep on the couch in our apartment within the dorms. Which is funny because on the day of arrival it was me that had been asleep on the couch with my head resting on Jax. Tomorrow will be our first day in class, an to make things easier I have already went and organised Jax's classes so that he can be at the engineering suite for the majority of his classes. I just hope that he likes the classes that he has got. Hehe I am sure he would not expect robotics to be on the menu.

It was highly amusing to watch the taunting of the principal yet it was also appreciation of his actions that he did not let the weasel know of what I was saying. It made me sure that I was making the correct choice in taking Jax with me. As I turned around the fully face the principal that was now dabbing his sweaty face he looked up at me. It was then that his face contorted in horror as an evil look crossed my face. He had always though that his true enemy within the school had been Jax the metal punk. Yet he was unaware that I was his greatest adversary who had pulled so many strings to make sure that he got what he deserved from what he had done to this school. As I looked down upon him the pure ecstasy of what I was going to do was pumping through me and he knew something was bad was happening.

“Now I do not have long to speak with you now as I have about three minutes before Jax Gardener reachs the front doors and I must accompany him so that our arrangements can be made. So I will make this brief, 1 Dominic Stewart will be taking over position as Student President, an before you try to butt in and pass your judgement on him he has already won the hearts of the students so trying to remove him from power will be futile. 2nd of all I have been reading through all the schools financials and it appears that this school produces quiet a substancial amount of money which just seems to be sitting in a bank account doing nothing but growing interest, that is until the end of each month when I cut heads into your bank account and I am sure the IRA would love to know why you get that.”

It was shear enjoyment of watching him squirm under my gaze that let me continue with my mental torture of the head of our once proud school. It was then that I reached into my bra and pulled out a pen drive and dropped into on his heavy wooden desk and watched it bounce towards him. “On that pen is instructions, you will comply with them. For the good of the school you will and Dominic will be making sure that you do. If you dare try to do anything against either me or Dominic then you will find numerous files pertaining to your actives in the proper authorities is that understood.” As he nodded I moved behind him towards the window. We were on the second storey of the school but there was a drain pipe next to the window, as I opened the window he turned around and looked at me.

“You brought this on yourself, now get to it.” these were the last words I would ever say to the man as I jumped out of the window. As I did I grabbed onto the drain pipe and began to slid down low enough so that I could jump and gracefully land on the ground. It was at that same time that Jax had opened the front doors and stepped out completely obvious to what I had just done to the principle. It was then that I was reminded of Jax greatest feat, he had taken one night to completely dismantle and rebuild the principals car in his office. Though there was no actual evidence to support that apart from what my spies had confirmed for me and erased.

As I moved towards Jax I could tell that my natural swing of my hips had caught his attention from the corner of his eye. As he turned I could only guess that he was wondering how I had got outside before me and quickly estimate I jumped out the window. “Hello Jax, now 'Your Majesty' would like to accompany you to collect your stuff as we will be leaving tomorrow and we have much to do. If you don't mind that is. Plus I though you might want a ride home.” As I said that I pointed to one of my prided possessions “Ducati Superbike 999” That stood majestically next to poor excuse of a car that the head teacher rode to work each day.
Aleza Tai'Lan
Aleza Tai'Lan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raron Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Random entry from the Journal of Jax Gardener.

I know okay. I know full well what people think when they look at me. What they see but I know who I am. I am who I am because I do not like who I was becoming. Who I was turning into. I was becoming a puppet, a doll that danced to the tones others were playing. I did not want to be the person. It was not a happy life. I wanted what everyone wants. Some happiness. Sadly my happiness seemed inversely proportion of those around me who profess to care. I thought on it and realized. They will come and go but there is one person I will always be with, one person I will see everyday. I think that person deserves to enjoy life. I will always be with me so maybe in life you need to be a little selfish... to grab onto the things that matter and never ever let go... as for the rest... you have to let what does not matter truly not matter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jax merely raised an eyebrow when the president caught up. He walked along side her for a moment. Letting the gazes of speculation and jealousy flow over him as he walked next to the most sought after woman in the school. It was an unusual feeling. People being jealous of him rather then feeling they have to bend over just to spit on him. It was kind of heady… but when they came to her bike all that went out of his head. He had seen this bike on the grounds before had seen her ride it home and had watched it as it drove away, observing the lines, the colors, the rhythm… not just of the bike. It was a wonderful bike but he was male and there were things that just had to be appreciated and the posture one had to adopt to use a racing bike made it easy to enjoy. But right now it was the bike that held his attention and imagination.
“A Ducati nine hundred and ninety nine super bike, liquid cooled, four stroke, twin cylinder engine with four valves per cylinder. Six speeds it can reach a top speed of one hundred and sixty three point eight miles per hour thanks to all one hundred and forty horse powers that its mighty engine boasts.”
His voice husky and soft ,the bold Jax walked over to the bike and circled it. He was in his own world and it was one he enjoyed. This much was obvious from the smile on his face and when he licked his lips. He reached out and ran one finger over the leather seat, gliding it along the surface.
“nine thousand rpms. Piston caliper brakes, dry multiplate with hydraulic control clutch… one of the finest bikes to come out in the past ten years.”
He shivered slightly in his own happy world of gears and fire, steel and gasoline. But something broke through the world. Something from the world of common sense. He looked upon the seat, the soft and small leather seat that the bike boosted. It was not a bike built for many riders. It was not really built to haul anything other then one person at high speed. He remembered seeing Rebecca ride down the streets on this wonderful motorcycle. He remembered seeing her hug it so close… because there was no choice. It was built so you had to straddle it like a lover in order to ride and now she wanted to give him a lift… the only way two people would fit would if one sat right behind the other… right up as close as they could and wrapped their arms around the other… tightly… he thought a moment about the past few minutes. The secret note, the fact she had ran or taken a short cut or whatever just to catch up, the fact she being who she was was bound to know he was waiting on a part to fix his ride…
Truth be told Jax was not a dating machine. Few had interest in him and past dates had gone… badly. He last one had ended when he had accidently set his shirt on fire and his date had ran home crying. Not his finest moment… and now the most sought after woman in the school wanted to give him a lift on this wonder of modern times. He thought on that then thought of the position he would be with if her drove, he thought of his arms wrapped around her, his hips against hers… and he thought of the vibration. He rubbed the back of his head and through sheer willpower kept himself from blushing. He gazed down on the seat and knew she might not notice the blush but she would notice something else fast if they rode like that. He tapped the seat and looked at her meaningfully while he purposely thought of ice, glaciers, artic, snow. He thought on anything cold as he looked at her.
“Any how far did you plan this out your majesty?”
He raised his other eyebrow this time.

Raron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down